You might get something out of this site if:

You think an awesome experience is something everyone else always has
You think adventure is looking at the ladies dainties in the Sears Catalog :)
You've got more cousins than Carters' got little pills
You find people are always telling you that you're definitely the most interesting person they've ever met
You don't like high stress jobs. Like when your husband tells you that you've got to the mow the lawn TWICE this year.

If the idea of that kind of life gets you down
Just wait until you discover what living life on the road is really like.

 

"Always follow own life plan, otherwise GPS lead you to dead end!"
--The Great Kiva

There are lots of buttons and links here, some might go somewhere, most probably don't. Even I, smart as I am :) ain't got'em all figured out yet. But like some feller said, "It ain't the destination, it's how many times you got to repair the brakes during the journey, otherwise you might not be able to stop when you get to where you didn't know you were going."

Don't worry about what this website costs. You get the RV Dreamers bug you'll learn right quick you'll need to keep every penny you got. :) But if your a real smart feller and come up with a way of gettin' people to send you money so you can live it up, keep it to yourself. Cause if someone else does it, it might chip away at your good fortune.

Oh, one last thing, if you just got to support something, Support Our Troops, they're keeping our country safe so we can live this life.

This website is dedicated to my grandpap who always said, "Boy, you got a knack for doing the dumbest things." And how could I forget my city feller cousin (the one whose name I never learned) and his cute wife :):), who gave Nilda and me the RV Dreamers bug when they told us about the Great Kiva on the day they got lost.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Mobile life frustrations

In case there is anyone reading this here blog, I just upgraded the FAQ section, which can be found under IMPORTANT STUFF on the left hand side of the page. Don't ask me why its that way, I didn't design this blogger thingy I'm using to write this blog.

Still, it looks like this here blogging thing is going to be a snap, which was just what Martha Jane's former boss's wife's niece told my wife, Nilda. Martha Jane being Nilda's former co-worker at Bentley's Best Beads where both of them worked for a week or so a few Christmas's back. :)

Anyway, Martha Jane's former boss's wife's niece, I think her name was Rebecca Sue, she had a girl that went up to the big city and got hitched to a feller that was into computers. One thing led to another and today I sit here at this keyboard pouring my life story and all the wonderful experiences we had on the road from Gompers Gulch, Kentucky to out here in the middle of nowhere, which is where our 5th wheel is currently located, broke down, again. :(

I'm gonna get all mixed up in telling you these stories, cause what come first didn't always lead to what came second, or even third for that matter. Hope you don't matter a little if I jump around a mite, but maybe when it's all said and done it will make sense. Like uncle Zeke always said, "I.M., you got a heap of sense rattling around in that head of yours, you got containers and cabinets full of mighty interesting stuff in there, its just a shame they never put the cabinet doors on." :)

Alrighty then, this mobile life is pretty nice, at least during the times when the mobile part is really mobile and not broke down. :) Back when I was a kid you had orphanages for orphans. A place they could go and get what they needed to live a normal life. Sheesh.

Now we got one of them orphans, which is what they call our 5th wheel, which as we have found out, is one of the least mobile of mobile homes. I know we was blinded by its beauty, it price, and its availability the moment we saw it, but just like them sea fellars got a albatross around the neck and ended up at the bottom of the ocean, we got our 5th wheel which is a weighing us down to the point where I'm seriously considering shooting it and starting over. :)

Only problem is that Nilda is so attached to her modern kitchen and indoor privy, that she'd probably rip the gun out of my hands and shoot me before the smoke could clear. Guess that's really what this blogging thing is for, to let me pour out my frustrations (another of Pa's big words) so's that Nilda and me can live peaceable even when our mobile life style is more immobile than mobile. :)

No comments: