You might get something out of this site if:

You think an awesome experience is something everyone else always has
You think adventure is looking at the ladies dainties in the Sears Catalog :)
You've got more cousins than Carters' got little pills
You find people are always telling you that you're definitely the most interesting person they've ever met
You don't like high stress jobs. Like when your husband tells you that you've got to the mow the lawn TWICE this year.

If the idea of that kind of life gets you down
Just wait until you discover what living life on the road is really like.

 

"Always follow own life plan, otherwise GPS lead you to dead end!"
--The Great Kiva

There are lots of buttons and links here, some might go somewhere, most probably don't. Even I, smart as I am :) ain't got'em all figured out yet. But like some feller said, "It ain't the destination, it's how many times you got to repair the brakes during the journey, otherwise you might not be able to stop when you get to where you didn't know you were going."

Don't worry about what this website costs. You get the RV Dreamers bug you'll learn right quick you'll need to keep every penny you got. :) But if your a real smart feller and come up with a way of gettin' people to send you money so you can live it up, keep it to yourself. Cause if someone else does it, it might chip away at your good fortune.

Oh, one last thing, if you just got to support something, Support Our Troops, they're keeping our country safe so we can live this life.

This website is dedicated to my grandpap who always said, "Boy, you got a knack for doing the dumbest things." And how could I forget my city feller cousin (the one whose name I never learned) and his cute wife :):), who gave Nilda and me the RV Dreamers bug when they told us about the Great Kiva on the day they got lost.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gettin' ahead in life

Alrighty then, bout a month ago Nilda and me was down at the Hopkinson Family Reunion, her being a Hopkinson by way of her sixth oldest sister's second husband's step mother. Anyway, some  of the boys was wondering where Nilda and I had been since we had missed the Worthington reunion a few weeks back, me being a Worthington, through someone on great grandma Featheringham's side of the family.  :)

Were they ever surprised to learn that we had been traipsin' around the country enjoying the retirement life cause of the fruits of my labors due to my degree I had got years ago. Most of them boys don't have a clue about how to get ahead in life and make some real money. Maybe this is a good time to tell you what I told them about how I got ahead in life. :)

First I ever heard about these "degrees" and how they could get you ahead in life was when my sister Maybelle, that's my younger sister Maybelle, not my older sister Mabel, brought her friend, Tomato Blossom Parks  :):):) back with her at Christmas many years ago. It turned out that Tomato Blossom's :):):) parents where some sort of hippies, and since Tomato Blossom :):):) wasn't following the path they had set out for her in life, she was going to be all alone come the Holidays, so Maybelle brung her along to the Gulch.

It was from Tomato Blossom :):):) that I learned about degrees and that people can actually get paid for reading and writing a bunch of "whereas's" and "parties of the first parts", and on and on. I also learned that not everyone can add numbers and make them come out like they are supposed to. Sheesh. Or at least have them come out like the feller paying the bill wants them to come out.

Alrighty then, it was a real eye opener for me, discovering that people can get paid for just putting words and numbers down on paper, rather that actually having to do anything. I decided right then and there that I was going to get me one of those degrees Tomato Blossom :):):) was talking about and live a life of ease.

Before Tomato Blossom :):):) went back to the big city, she also got around to teaching me a few other things that I wasn't quite up to speed on, though lord only knows why not. Alrighty then, Tomato Blossom :):):) was a leading me through my lessons, urging me on, when I guess I got a might too into what was going on and started a bellarin' and a carryin' on. Course it didn't help that at the same time, Tomato Blossom  :):):) was a puffing and a gruntin' like a steam engine going up Henderson Mountain.

Let's just say that by the time things calmed back down, Maybelle was banned from bringing any more of her big city friends back with her, :(:(:( and something other than a degree was on my mind every time I got close to a girl for a long time after that. Sheesh.  :)

No comments: