You might get something out of this site if:

You think an awesome experience is something everyone else always has
You think adventure is looking at the ladies dainties in the Sears Catalog :)
You've got more cousins than Carters' got little pills
You find people are always telling you that you're definitely the most interesting person they've ever met
You don't like high stress jobs. Like when your husband tells you that you've got to the mow the lawn TWICE this year.

If the idea of that kind of life gets you down
Just wait until you discover what living life on the road is really like.

 

"Always follow own life plan, otherwise GPS lead you to dead end!"
--The Great Kiva

There are lots of buttons and links here, some might go somewhere, most probably don't. Even I, smart as I am :) ain't got'em all figured out yet. But like some feller said, "It ain't the destination, it's how many times you got to repair the brakes during the journey, otherwise you might not be able to stop when you get to where you didn't know you were going."

Don't worry about what this website costs. You get the RV Dreamers bug you'll learn right quick you'll need to keep every penny you got. :) But if your a real smart feller and come up with a way of gettin' people to send you money so you can live it up, keep it to yourself. Cause if someone else does it, it might chip away at your good fortune.

Oh, one last thing, if you just got to support something, Support Our Troops, they're keeping our country safe so we can live this life.

This website is dedicated to my grandpap who always said, "Boy, you got a knack for doing the dumbest things." And how could I forget my city feller cousin (the one whose name I never learned) and his cute wife :):), who gave Nilda and me the RV Dreamers bug when they told us about the Great Kiva on the day they got lost.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Home life

Alrighty then, bet I left you way out on limb yesterday with all that talk of houses on wheels that actually move and all, but as we was to learn over the next months, there a whole world of them buggers out running around this here big country of ours. If I just knowed then, what I know now, I wouldn't have made a fool of myself so many times since Nilda and me pulled up stakes and joined in the full time lifestyle as we now know it is called. :)

Now you got to understand that while Nilda and me wasn't hurtin' for the basics of life, some of the finer things had escaped us on occasion. While Pa was a good man to work for, being the accountant for a filling station at the end of a road that dead ends at the top of a mountain in the heart of what some say is the greatest state in these here whole United States meant that the paychecks were a mite slim at times. :)

Nilda and me made out alright though, and remembering a few tricks the head jailer in Simpsonville taught me, :) we always had money to do what we wanted. Nilda still laughs at the first time I tried the jailer's trick of cookin' the books. Neither of us could so much as even chew off a corner of a page. Then as luck would have it, he, the jailer that is, stopped at the filling station one day when Pa was gone. Recognizing who he was, as I pumped his gas, I explained my problem to him of the uncooked, cooked books to him. Consequently, after he stopped laughing, I got a quick lesson in what that term, cookin' the books, really meant. :)

Pa didn't raise no dummy, and what with him, Pa that is, puttin' more white lightening than gasoline in those tanks, he was making out like a bandit on his fuel sales. Nilda said I shouldn't feel bad, after all a man mean enough to burden somebody with a name like he had hung on me, probably was only getting what was coming to him. I wasn't sure whether I agreed with her on that or not, but I surely knew I had at least a little something coming to me for being saddled with the name
Ishbosheth Mephibosheth Vayne, even if it was straight outta Pa's bible. :)

All of which meant that, even though we lived in those three converted restrooms/outhouses in the back of Pa's filling station, there was more than enough room for me and Nilda. Plus we had more money than we needed, and a sure fire way of gettin' more if we needed it :)

No comments: