You might get something out of this site if:

You think an awesome experience is something everyone else always has
You think adventure is looking at the ladies dainties in the Sears Catalog :)
You've got more cousins than Carters' got little pills
You find people are always telling you that you're definitely the most interesting person they've ever met
You don't like high stress jobs. Like when your husband tells you that you've got to the mow the lawn TWICE this year.

If the idea of that kind of life gets you down
Just wait until you discover what living life on the road is really like.

 

"Always follow own life plan, otherwise GPS lead you to dead end!"
--The Great Kiva

There are lots of buttons and links here, some might go somewhere, most probably don't. Even I, smart as I am :) ain't got'em all figured out yet. But like some feller said, "It ain't the destination, it's how many times you got to repair the brakes during the journey, otherwise you might not be able to stop when you get to where you didn't know you were going."

Don't worry about what this website costs. You get the RV Dreamers bug you'll learn right quick you'll need to keep every penny you got. :) But if your a real smart feller and come up with a way of gettin' people to send you money so you can live it up, keep it to yourself. Cause if someone else does it, it might chip away at your good fortune.

Oh, one last thing, if you just got to support something, Support Our Troops, they're keeping our country safe so we can live this life.

This website is dedicated to my grandpap who always said, "Boy, you got a knack for doing the dumbest things." And how could I forget my city feller cousin (the one whose name I never learned) and his cute wife :):), who gave Nilda and me the RV Dreamers bug when they told us about the Great Kiva on the day they got lost.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

RV-Dreamers Glossery, P-T

I know you folks think all this faboulus information you been a getting’ in these here glossery posts is all my doing, but it ain’t really so. I couldn’t a done it without Nilda and her a telling me that the only way to get better at this written thing was to sit down in front of the computer and a just a commence a typing, and let whats gonna come out, come out.

I’ve also been doin’ some research as the more you know about a subect, the easier it is for us great writers to whip it into something that ordinaryly folks like you can quickly understand. Nilda’s been a spreading the word agin to the womenfolk, both in town and at the place we is a stayin', the result of which has been some nice right comments about my writn’, like the feller that stopped by the other night and mentioned how he had learned things he never thought he would ever see and it were my unique point of view, to use his words, that did it. Sure does make a body feel good to get a compliment like that totally unexpected.

Pitch-In
As I had it explained to me, this used to be way of describin' a mobile, mobile home campground get-together, usually by pitching-in and bringin' a covered dish, casserole, or something else you hope nobody eats so's you can take home all the leftovers and eat fer a spell without havin' to cook. Now I understand its got another meaning about the full time life many RV-Dreamers got a mind to be lividn. So now it also means supportin' some city feller that don't think he ought to have to work like the rest of us ordinary folks, so's he can live it up in all them nice places you'd like to be a visitin' but can't yourself because you got to work to support both yourownself and him, then he blogs about it so's you'll know what you is a missin' out on. Now I don't know bout you, but two me it looks like he are most likely the smartest mobile, mobile home feller there is in this while blogger world.

Shore Power
This is one of them electricity things that attracts newlies like a lantern by a sour mash still attracts moths. Some of them even has to try to back-in as many as three times afore they smack into it real good. Guess they just don't know they's got a cord that will reach to it.

Snowbird
When we first heard tell about these winter snowbirds, we was surely a puzzled. Pa taught me my huntin' skills at an yearly age, plus Nilda had always been partial to birds as well as nye on being one herself what with all the other fellers a callin' her a real good lookin' chick when we was a sparkin'. Then we learned that all them white things a wanderin' around in them gawdauful lookin' clothes were them snowbirds, which people from the artic parts of the country down to the south fer the winter. Now I hear they's also a talkin' about summer sonbirds, but since Nilda and me ain't never had no young'uns I ain't got figured out yet just exactly what these sonbirds is supposed to look like.

Tail Swing
It's when that gal a clutchin' onto to you for dear life at a hoedown or hootenanny gets real big into the music and is a makin' you swing her wide so there parts of her clothin' bein' elevated to near improper levels. It comes from what them fellers a standing alongsides the wall that ain't got no girl to hold onto is a sayin' amongst themselves about what's happening in front of their eyes. I don't rightly understand why them fellers was a wanting me to put this in here, especially since it don't have nuthin' to do with mobile, moble home livin', but at least them newlies now know what it is if'n it ever comes up in a fireside confab.

1 comment:

Merikay said...

Thank you for all the good definitions. These are all good expressions that wannabes like me will need in the future.

By the way, when you said I was on a reel roll, (in your comment on my blog) I figure you must be psychic! We are spending or evenings looking at some old home movies before giving them to our daughter to convert to digital format to keep for herself and grandsons.